Home » Pickled Katmon
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 1 bottle
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1 kilo katmon
1 cup rock/ sea salt
480 grams vinegar
240 grams white sugar
4 pieces red chilies
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1. Take out the first layer of of the katmon fruit and then slice it into 4 wedges. Separate each layer and make sure that you clean it under running water.
2. Season the sliced katmon fruits with rock salt and let sit for about an hour or until it releases a briny liquid.
3. Wash katmon fruit under running water to make sure that it’s not too salty and set aside.
4. In a pot boil the vinegar, sugar, chilies and peppercorns until sugar is fully dissolved into the liquid.
5. Take your bottles and make sure you run it in hot water and air dry it to sterilize and make sure bottles are clean.
6. Wear gloves or tongs when holding the prepped katmon fruit – fill the jars with prepped katmon fruit making sure you wear gloves or use tongs when doing so.
7. Pour brine/ vinegar mixture in jars and fill it up to the brim. Tightly seal jars and place in cool area.