Makes 3 sandwiches
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1 cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons water
1/2 cup muscovado sugar
1 teaspoon honey
Chocolate ice cream
Cheese ice cream
1. Place flour and salt in a bowl. Cut the butter into the flour to make crumbs.
2. Add the water slowly and knead until doughy. Separate into 6 balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Make the filling by combining the muscovado sugar and honey just to make the sugar sticky.
4. Place a bit of flour on a clean surface and flatten the chilled dough balls into circles. Place the muscovado sugar filling in the center. Fold the dough onto the sugar and pinch to seal. Flatten again with a rolling pin until thin but still stable with no holes.
5. Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Place the piaya pieces and cook until each side is toasted. Let them cool.
6. Spoon ice cream onto one piaya and sandwich the filling with another piaya. Wrap in foil and freeze until hard. Serve cold!