Makes 2 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
250 grams pho noodles
1 cup boiled pork belly, thinly-sliced
1-2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 head garlic, minced/sliced
1 red onion, minced/sliced
½ cup chopped shrimp
2 tablespoons spring onions, chopped
Patis to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons annatto powder
5 cups water
1 ½ cups shrimp broth
1 shrimp bouillon
10 pieces medium peeled shrimp
3 pieces hard boiled eggs
½ cup tinapa flakes
½ cup chicharon, chopped
½ cup scallions, chopped
½ cup cilantro
½ cup togue
- Cook pho noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Sear boiled pork belly until golden brown. Remove from pan while keeping the oil. In the same pan, saute garlic and onions until translucent.
- Mix in chopped shrimp and spring onions. Season with patis, salt and pepper. Mix in annatto powder.
- Add 5 cups of water and boiled pork belly. Let boil.
- Add 1 ½ cups shrimp broth, shrimp bouillon and whole shrimp. Simmer until shrimp is cooked.
- Arrange pho noodles in your bowl.
- Top with pork belly and shrimp cooked in broth, hard boiled egg, spring onions, togue, tinapa flakes and crushed chicharon.
- Add broth and cilantro when about to eat.