PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 24 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1¾ cup raw peanuts, shelled and soaked overnight
1 teaspoon five spice powder
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
4 cups water
2 cups glutinous rice flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1 cup water
Cooking oil, for frying
1. Boil peanuts in water until tender, adding more water if necessary.
2. Add five spice powder, sugar, and soy sauce. Mix and reduce into a thick syrup.
1. In a bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and sugar together until well combined. Add water until a smooth dough forms. Form into small balls.
2. Lightly coat hands with sesame oil. Flatten rice flour dough balls and place filling inside. Wrap the dough around filling with even thickness and form into balls.
3. Lightly dampen each ball with water and roll in sesame seeds, lightly pressing the seeds onto the ball to make sure they stick.
4. Heat oil over medium-low heat and fry the buchi for about 5 minutes, gently and constantly rotating them. Once they float, turn the heat to medium-high and continue frying until golden brown.