Makes 5 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
1 pata, front
4 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
½ cup onion, chopped
8 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 cup rice wine
1 cup chicken stock, or as needed
2 tablespoons black beans
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 to 3 pieces star anise
2 to 3 pieces bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons banana blossoms
- Wash pata thoroughly, pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan over medium heat and pour vegetable oil. Pan fry pata and set aside.
- On a deep pan, saute onion and garlic until onion turns translucent. Add oyster sauce, pepper, and bay leaf. Pour in rice wine and chicken stock. Mix in black beans and banana blossoms. Cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Add liquid as needed.
- Add brown sugar and star anise and simmer for another 20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Serve on a platter with steamed pechay or bokchoy.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Leave a Reply