Home » Pastil
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
½ kilo chicken breast fillet
3 tablespoons oil
¼ cup red onion, minced
3 tablespoons garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ginger, grated
1 piece siling haba, finely chopped
1 piece siling labuyo, finely chopped
½ cup vinegar
½ cup soy sauce
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
3 cups rice, cooked
1. Boil the chicken breast until cooked. Shred and set aside.
2. In a large pan over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, ginger and chilies in oil until fragrant and translucent. Add the shredded chicken and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add soy sauce and stir. Add vinegar and allow to simmer without stirring until the smell of vinegar disappears. Season with salt and pepper to taste and continue cooking until the mixture is dry. Remove from heat.
4. Heat up banana leaves over open flame and cut into large rectangles.
5. Place a rectangular mound of cooked rice onto the banana leaf, leaving about 1½-inch margin on all sides.
6. Place a small spoonful of the cooked chicken topping on top and wrap the entire dish.
7. Repeat until all toppings are used.
8. Optional: steam pastil before serving.