Home » Pares Ramen
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 2 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
½ kilo beef camto (flank steak)
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons cooking oil
6 cups water
3 pieces red onion, quartered
¼ cup garlic cloves, smashed
2 pieces bay leaf
½ tablespoon peppercorn
¼ cup red onion, minced
¼ cup garlic, minced
¼ cup ginger, grated
1 cup celery, sliced
2 pieces star anise
2 cups beef broth (from boiling beef)
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
2 eggs, soft boiled and peeled
1 pack Fresh egg noodles
Leeks, finely chopped
Sesame seeds, toasted
1. Season beef camto with salt and pepper. Sear camto in a pan with cooking oil until all sides are well browned.
2. Place seared camto in a pressure cooker and add water, onion, garlic cloves, bay leaf, and peppercorn. Boil until tender. Set aside meat and broth.
1. In the pan where camto was seared, saute onions, garlic, ginger, celery, and star anise over low heat until soft, about a few minutes.
2. Deglaze pan with beef broth. Add soy sauce, and brown sugar. Place meat, bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes, adding more water if needed.
3. Turn off heat and add peeled soft-boiled eggs. Leave meat and eggs to continue marinating in liquid to absorb flavor until broth cools completely. Remove meat and eggs.
4. Bake meat in a oven pre-heated to 250 degrees Celsius for 10 – 15 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes and slice.
5. Cook noodles in remaining beef broth. Transfer to a bowl.
6. Pour pares soup into the bowl of noodles and add leeks, kangkong, nori sheets, and toasted sesame seeds as toppings.