PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
3 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
⅓ cup red onion, minced
1 piece siling labuyo, chopped
¾ kilo carabao meat (carabeef), ground
¼ kilo pork liver, sliced into strips
¾ cup togue
¾ cup carrots, sliced into thin strips
¾ cup cabbage (repolyo) chopped into strips
3 cups beef broth
⅓ soy sauce
1 large pack miki noodles pancit
Salt, to taste
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 pieces eggs, beaten
4 pieces eggs, cooked sunny side up
1. In a large wok, sauté the garlic, onions, and siling labuyo until fragrant and translucent. Add ground carabao meat and pork liver, continue sautéing until browned and cooked through. Move to one side of the pan.
2. On the other side of the pan, sauté carrots, togue and cabbage strips for a few minutes. Remove vegetables from wok. Set aside.
3. Remove sautéed beef and liver. Set aside.
4. Deglaze the wok with the beef broth and allow to boil. Add soy sauce and miki noodles. Remove from wok once noodles are soft. Season the leftover broth with salt and pepper, if preferred.
5. Mix in beaten egg to the broth and cook through.
6. Top pancit with the carabao beef and pork liver, chicharon and top with a piece of sunny side up egg. Serve with the soup and pour over pancit as desired.