PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 6 – 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
1 cup butter, melted
1 ½ cup oreo cookies, crushed
6 tablespoons black tea / oolong tea leaves
1 ½ cups boiling water
1 block cream cheese, softened
⅓ cup sugar
½ tablespoon Knoxx gelatin + ¼ cup hot milk
1 ½ cups all-purpose cream, chilled
⅓ cup tapioca pearls
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup water
1. In a food processor, crush oreo cookies to a fine crumb.
2. In a bowl, mix together melted butter and crushed oreo cookies until well combined and a consistency of wet sand is achieved.
3. Pack the mixture onto the base of the container. Chill.
1. In a bowl, steep the tea leaves in boiling water for 5 minutes. Strain.
2. In separate bowl, dissolve and bloom gelatin in milk. Set aside.
3. Whisk cream in a bowl until soft peaks
4. Cream together cream cheese and sugar until sugar is dissolved and mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in the gelatin mixture and the tea until well combined.
5. Fold in the whipped cream until fully incorporated and well combined.
6. Pour mixture on top of the cookie base. Chill until set.
1. In a pot over medium heat, pour tapioca pearls into boiling water and cook stirring constantly until the pearls start to float. Cover and continue cooking for 15 -20 minutes. Strain.
2. Place the cooked tapioca pearls into ice cold water.
3. In a pot, over medium-low heat, place brown sugar and water then bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Mix tapioca pearls into the caramel and let sit.
5. Top cheesecake with the pearls.
Liked this creative take on the unofficial pambansang drink? Also try our recipe on taho turned into a cheesecake!