Makes 2 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
2 packs (230 grams) Hunt’s Pork and Beans Original Flavor
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup ham, diced
1 cup chicken breast, diced
1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup leeks, sliced
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons dashi
2 tablespoons rice wine
1/3 cup soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups cooked white rice
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon mirin
1 teaspoon dashi
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Open Hunt’s Pork and Beans Original Pack. Drain sauce and set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic until translucent. Add chicken, ham, mushrooms, and leeks. Pour mirin, dashi, rice wine, and soy sauce and saute for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add cooked rice and mix well. Turn off heat and add Hunt’s Pork and Beans. Put on a platter.
- Heat Hunt’s Pork and Beans sauce in a pan over medium heat and add soy sauce. Simmer for 1 minute and turn off heat. Set aside.
- To make one serving of omelette, crack 3 eggs open on a small bowl and season with salt. Mix with mirin, dashi, and cornstarch. Use chopsticks to mix, do not beat profusely.
- Pour eggs onto hot pan with melted butter while moving it back and forth and mix with chopsticks immediately until it forms clumps but still runny.
- Turn down heat and fold the omelette forward until opposite edges meet.
- Slowly roll the omelette backwards to seal the edges and remove from pan right away.
- Place omelette on top of fried rice.
- Pour the prepared pork and beans sauce over omelette and add parsley. Serve right away.