Home » No-Bake Creamy Pininyahang Manok Casserole
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 8 to 12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
3/4 kg boneless chicken thigh, cut into chunks
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 head garlic, minced
1 piece onion, chopped
1 piece red bell pepper, diced and divided into 2 portions
1 piece green bell pepper, diced and divided into 2 portions
1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
3 cups rice, rinsed and drained
1 cup pineapple juice
2 cups water
1 to 2 packs Nestle All Purpose Cream (250ml)
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 stalk scallion, sliced
1. Season chicken with 1 teaspoon of salt. Melt butter in a pan and add oil. Saute chicken until light golden brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Saute garlic, onion, and 1 portion each of bell peppers and pineapple in the same pan. Add more oil if necessary. Add rice and toast for 5 minutes.
3. Pour pineapple juice, water, and Nestle All Purpose Cream. Depending on how creamy you want it, you may add more cream. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir, cover, and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add sauteed chicken and remaining portion of bell peppers. Cover and continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside for 20 minutes.
5. Gently fluff with a fork. Serve and top with scallions.