Makes 6-8 servings
Preparation and Cooking Time: 2 hours and 40 minutes
1 piece pork leg, cleaned and bones removed
2 packs MAGGI® MAGIC SARAP
4 pieces leek stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 pieces red onion, large and chopped
10 cloves garlic, smashed with skin on
Water, to completely cover pata
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
4 pieces red onion, quartered
6 pieces garlic cloves, smashed, skin on
3 pieces bay leaves
½ cup calamansi juice
1. Season pork leg with MAGGI® MAGIC SARAP.
2. Line the cavity of the pata with leek stalks, red onion, and garlic. Secure and tie tightly to seal opening.
2. Sew the opening closed, sealing it extremely tightly.
3. In a pot over medium high heat, place black peppercorns, red onions, garlic, bay leaves, and stuffed pork leg in enough water to fully submerge and boil until tender, about 1 hour.
4. Pat dry the meat and rub all over with calamansi juice and MAGGI® MAGIC SARAP.
5. Bake pork leg at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour. Slice and serve hot.