Makes 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
Cooking oil, for frying
1/2 kilo small oysters
2 cups flour
1 piece red onion, minced
1 piece red chilli, minced (add a few more for garnish)
1/4 cup spring onions, minced (reserve 1 tbsp for garnish)
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons water
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Knorr liquid seasoning
2 tablespoons calamansi juice (add a bit more for garnish)
1 raw egg
- Preheat oil in deep fryer at 160 degrees C.
- Drain and dry the oysters.
- Coat the oysters in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Fry the oysters until golden brown and crispy. Set aside to drain on a paper towel.
- In a heated medium-sized pan, cook the red onions until they begin to color. Add the red chili, spring onions, heavy cream, mayonnaise, and water. Stir until everything is combine and let the mixture reduce and thicken, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and Knorr liquid seasoning. Stir the calamansi juice.
- Remove from the heat and add the fried oysters to the sauce and toss until coated.
- Transfer to a sizzling plate and serve with egg. Garnish with spring onions, more chili, and calamansi.
Leave a Reply