PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
2 cups mushrooms
¾ red onions, minced
¼ cup garlic, minced
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup black beans, canned and drained
½ cup ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cumin
⅓ cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 pieces eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons oil
4 burger buns
4 pieces lettuce leaves, washed
1 large tomato, sliced
1 piece white onion, sliced into rings
1 piece egg, cooked sunny side up
Catsup, to taste
Mayonnaise, to taste
1. Place mushrooms, carrots, black beans, onions, and garlic into a food processor and blend until fine paste.
2. Pour mushroom mixture onto a bowl lined with cheesecloth and squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. Place in a bowl.
3. Add ground black pepper, cumin, flour, breadcrumbs, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
4. Form mushroom mixture into patties. Freeze until firm, about 20 – 30 minutes.
5. In a pan over medium-high heat, fry the patties in oil covered until browned on each side.
1. Place a lettuce leaf on the burger bun. Stack with the patty, tomato slices, white onion rings, and sunny side up fried egg. Serve hot with catsup and mayonnaise on the side!