Makes 4 to 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
3 pieces large potatoes
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
½ cup milk
oil for frying
- Boil potatoes for 20-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Cut each potato into thin rounds. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, paprika, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and milk together. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dip each potato slice into the wet mixture then dredge thoroughly in the seasoned flour mixture.
- Deep-fry slices until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with caesar and ranch dressing, or your preferred dips.