Makes 2 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 10 minutes
4 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup whole milk
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
2 pieces Mini Stop ham and cheese sandwiches
3 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese,
1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees C.
- Make bechamel sauce by melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and milk. Add nutmeg and bay leaf. Whisk constantly until it thickens. Once thick, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Fry both sides of sandwiches until golden brown.
- Put fried sandwiches on a lined baking sheet. Spoon bechamel sauce over it. Add grated mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Broil sandwiches by toasting it in a toaster or in an oven’s top rack until sauce is bubbling and golden (3 to 5 minutes).