Home » Meaty Spaghetti And Classic Embutido
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 8 to 10 servings each
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes each
400 grams spaghetti
2 tablespoons oil
1 piece onion
5 cloves garlic
1/2 kg ground pork
2 pieces KNORR PORK BROTH CUBE
2 tablespoons tomato paste
500 grams tomato sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup water
salt to taste
1 kg ground pork
¼ cup red onion, chopped
1 cup carrot, chopped
½ cup celery, chopped
¼ cup pickle relish
½ cup raisin
1/3 cup red and green bell pepper, chopped
½ cup all purpose flour
2 pieces egg, beaten
2 pieces KNORR PORK BROTH CUBE (3/4 cup of water, for melting)
Ground black pepper to taste
cling wrap and aluminum foil for wrapping
1. First, cook the spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
2. Next, get a pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onions and garlic. Cook until light brown.
3. In goes the ground pork and cook until the color changes.
4. Add Knorr Pork Broth Cubes, stir well to dissolve before adding the tomato paste and tomato sauce. Just sauté this for 2 minutes.
5. Now, add sugar, pepper and water and continue to simmer over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes until sauce has slightly thickened.
6. Give this a nice seasoning of salt. You can add more sugar if preferred.
7. Get a big platter ready for your cooked spaghetti noodles and pour the sauce on top with a sprinkle of grated cheese.
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the hard boiled egg, in a bowl and mix them well.
2. Crumble the Knorr Pork Broth Cube and drop into the mixture. Or, you may opt to dissolve the Pork Cube with some hot water. Add sugar, pepper and egg next. Mix well.
3. To make the embutido roll, prepare a wrap using cling film and aluminium foil. Slightly spread the mixture, placing the hard-boiled eggs in the middle then roll and fold both ends of the cling film. Wrap it again with aluminium foil to tighten the embutido roll. You may make up to 3 or 4 rolls depending on your preference.
4. Now, place them in a steamer and cook for 30-40 minutes or until it is firm.