5 cloves garlic
1 white onion
1 inch ginger, peeled
8 pcs. tanglad
½ cup chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1 piece Spring chicken
2 tablespoons rum
2 tablespoons patis
2 tablespoons Spring onion, chopped
Cooking oil enough to submerge whole chicken
- Blend together garlic, white onion, ginger, tanglad stalks (reserve leaves for stuffing and steaming) and chicken stock.
- Rub the chicken all over with a generous amount of the rub mixture, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the chicken with 4 pieces bundled tanglad leaves.
- Mix together rum and patis. Brush chicken with this mixture.
- Add the remaining bundled tanglad leaves in the steaming water.
- Put the chicken in the steamer and top with spring onions. Cover and steam for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain excess liquid from chicken and remove tanglad leaves.
- Heat up oil enough to submerge the whole chicken. Once the oil is hot enough, drop the chicken and deep-fry for 10 minutes.
- Serve with Worcestershire sauce and banana ketchup.