PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 4-5 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
4 pieces saba banana, large semi-ripe
1 cup rice flour
½ cup flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 piece egg
Pastillas, cut into cubes
Oil, for frying
Sugar, for dusting
1. In a bowl, mash bananas until chunky.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, rice flour, sugar, and baking powder until everything is evenly dispersed. Add mashed bananas.
3. Add milk, butter, and egg. Mix until completely combined and an extremely sticky dough.
4. Using two spoons carefully scoop and form a ball out of the dough. Insert pastillas in the middle.
5. Drop into oil to fry. When it floats and is golden brown, it is cooked. Dust or roll in sugar.