Makes 8 to 12 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
1 cup glutinous rice, soaked overnight
1 ¾ cups coconut cream
1 piece pandan leaf
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water (slurry)
Black sesame seeds, toasted
2 pieces ripe mango, sliced
1. Boil water in a steamer, pour rice inside steamer basket lined with cheesecloth and steam covered until tender, around 20 to 30 minutes, and let cool.
2. In a pot over medium heat, combine coconut cream, pandan leaf, sugar, and salt and bring to a slight boil. Stir cornstarch slurry into the rest of the sauce, and heat on low until thickened. Remove pandan leaf.
3. Pour over rice, stir well, and let it cool and soak for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and stir well.
4. Layer a spoonful of cooled rice onto a lumpia wrapper and top with a few slices of mango on top. Wrap, roll and seal the lumpia
5. Fry until golden. Serve with ice cream or enjoy on its own!