Makes 8 to 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
3 cups water
½ cup sago
½ cup coconut sugar
1 can coconut milk
4 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons water
1½ cups malagkit rice
2 cups water
1½ cup coconut milk
½ teaspoon salt
Toasted sesame seeds
- Boil water. Add in sago and stir every 10 minutes. Add in sugar and continue to boil for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let it get to room temperature. Set aside for topping.
Cook Latik Sauce:
- Over medium heat, boil coconut milk until the oil separates from the latik. Stir regularly to avoid milk from burning.
- Add brown sugar and water. Mix. Set aside for topping.
- In a bowl, place rice and cold water to cover. Soak for about 1 hour and then drain well.
- In a pot, combine coconut milk, drained rice and salt. Over medium heat, cook rice, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool.
- Wet the sushi rolling mat. Put suman rice in the lower part and flatten. Wet your spoon or spatula to make shaping the rice easier.
- Top with pastillas and mango slices at the center.
- Roll the sushi while tightening to make it compact and round.
- Unwrap the sushi mat. Roll sushi in toasted sesame seeds until sides are well coated.
- With a sharp knife, slice the into rice to bite sizes. Top with sauce and sago.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Leave a Reply