4 tablespoons cooking oil
1 kilo beef short ribs
1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
1 white onion, chopped
½ of whole watermelon (medium-sized), cut into chunks
5-8 pieces native tomatoes, quartered
4 pieces Gabi, cut into chunks
4 cups water
2 tablespoons sinigang powder mix
1 bunch sitaw
1 bunch kangkong
Patis to taste
Pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Sear beef short ribs. Set aside.
- In the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, saute onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the beef, tomatoes, watermelon, gabi and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until beef is tender (about 1-2 hours).
- Add sinigang powder mix and sitaw. Simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- Add kangkong last. Season with patis and pepper.