Makes 8-10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
2 cups squash, peeled and chopped
5 cups water
2 cups coconut cream
1 can condensed milk
⅓ cup brown sugar
1 cup cornstarch
¼ cup butter, plus more for lining container
3/4 cup sugared pili nuts, chopped
1/3 cup quezo de bola, grated
1. Boil squash in water until extremely soft. Drain and mash.
2. In a blender, mix together coconut cream, condensed milk, sugar, and cornstarch until well combined and smooth.
3. Add mashed squash and blend until smooth. Strain mixture.
4. In a pan over medium heat, melt butter completely. Add strained squash mixture into the pan and heat while continually stirring until thick. Allow to slightly cool.
5. Place in containers lined with butter and allow to completely cool. Top with chopped pili nuts and grated quezo de bola. Chill until firm. Slice to serve.