PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 2 cakes
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
4 egg yolks
1 cup milk
¼ cup softened butter
1½ cup desiccated coconut
1 can condensed milk (300-330ml)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 egg yolks
¾ cup condensed milk
⅔ cup fresh milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup water
1. In a bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, butter, and milk then whisk together to combine well.
2. Whisk in desiccated coconut and condensed milk.
3. Pour mixture in a baking dish.
4. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 – 40 minutes, until golden on top and set through. Test doneness with a toothpick. Should come out clean. Cool.
1. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they break apart and turn smooth. Add the condensed milk, fresh milk, and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
2. Pour the leche flan mix through a strainer into the lanera with baked macaroon, filling up only halfway.
3. Steam for 5 minutes or until just set, depending on the size of the mold. Remove from steamer, let cool, and set aside.
1. In a saucepan, dissolve the brown sugar in the water and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and swirl the pan until it thickens into a syrup.
2. Drizzle over Macaroon Leche Flan Cake and serve.