Makes 2-3 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
1/2 cup green sago, cooked
1/4 cup coconut cream
1/8 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/8 teaspoon pandan extract
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup panutsa, grated
1 piece pandan leaf, washed and cut into a long strip
1/2 cup macapuno strips
2 cups ice, shaved
1 cup coconut milk
1/8 cup pinipig flakes, toasted
1. Choose glassware for serving dessert and place in freezer until ready to serve.
2. In a bowl, mix together sago, coconut cream, sweetened condensed milk, and pandan extract. Set aside to chill in refrigerator.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine water and panutsa and stir until it forms a syrup. Allow to cool. Get glass from freezer and carefully pour a little panutsa syrup whilst rotating the glass to lightly coat. Place glass upright for syrup to drip naturally.
4. Position pandan leaves on one side of the glass.
5. Add macapuno strips to form the base of the guinomis.
6. Add a cup of shaved ice, then a layer of green sago mixture. Add the remaining half of shaved ice.
7. Pour coconut milk and top guinomis with toasted pinipig flakes. Serve and enjoy!