2 cups elbow macaroni
2 cups milk
2 cups cheddar cheese
¼ cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons green peas
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon truffle oil (optional)
Egg wash: 1 egg + 1 tabespoon milk
6-10 pieces square lumpia/spring roll wrapper
6-10 pieces bacon
6-10 pieces cheddar cheese sticks
1 cup mozzarella cheese for topping
Cooking oil enough for deep-frying lumpia
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Make mac & cheese: In the same pot of drained pasta, add milk, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, butter and green peas over medium heat. Mix everything together and let simmer until thick. Once the mac & cheese is thick, season with salt and pepper. Optional: Mix in truffle oil.
- Set aside and let mac & cheese cool.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Assemble mac & cheese lumpia: Brush the lumpia wrapper’s edges with egg wash. Add about 2 tablespoons of mac & cheese, a piece of bacon, a cheddar cheese stick and a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese.
- Roll the lumpia twice to secure filling, fold sides, roll completely, and secure with egg wash.
- Deep fry lumpia until golden brown. Blot off extra oil with paper towels.