Home » Lumpiang Hubad With Crispy Noodles
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 6 – 12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
3 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tablespoons garlic
¼ cup red onions
250 grams pork shoulder/ kasim, chopped in small bite sized pieces
1 cup shrimp broth
400 grams singkamas, peeled and sliced into strips
400 grams kamote, peeled and sliced into strips
250 grams carrots, peeled and sliced into strips
60 grams canned garbanzos, peeled
12 pieces whole romaine lettuce leaves, cleaned
12 pieces lumpia wrapper fried
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ tablespoons muscovado
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 teaspoon iodized salt
½ tablespoon roasted peanuts, crushed
Vermicelli noodles as needed
1 liter cooking oil for deep frying
1/8 cup crushed nori sheets
2 cups ml/ grams strained broth from the vegetables
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
3 tablespoons sweet peanut butter
2 – 3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat water with a bit of oil in pan and pan fry pork, until crispy. Season with salt and pepper along the way.
2. Once pork is crispy add in your garlic and onions and saute for about 5 minutes before adding in the kamote, carrots, and singkamas.
3. Saute for about 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are cooked before adding the garbanzos and the shrimp broth.
4. Simmer for about 5 minutes Add in your garbanzos and shrimp broth and let simmer for about 5 minutes and then strain the vegetables from the broth and set aside.
Wrapper and Toppings:
1. Heat oil in wok/ stock pot until oil is ready for deep frying
2. Drop your vermicelli noodles in the hot oil and wait noodles to puff up before straining out of the oil.
3. Drain oil from cooked noodles and break noodles and set aside for garnish.
4. For the lumpia wrapper, take one piece and drop it in oil to deep fry, use a ladel to push down the lumpia wrapper while it fries so it has a nice form. Take out from pan and drain oil and set aside.
5. Mix together, salt, muscovado sugar, sesame seeds and crushed roasted peanuts and set aside.
1. Pour in broth in pan on medium heat, whisk in the oyster sauce, and sweet peanut butter and sugar and season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch and water to create your slurry and then pour it in your mixture briskly whisking until you create a thick consistency.
1. Place the fried lumpia wrapper on a plate, place one whole pc of romaine lettuce on the wrapper, spoon in about 2 tbsp of the cooked vegetable mix, drizzle sauce and sprinkle your crushed roasted peanuts mixture. Top with crunchy fried noodles, crushed nori and more of the crushed roasted peanuts mixture and serve.
Liked this upgrade on your favorite Filipino salad? Also try our Lumpiang Sariwa In Gabi Wrapper recipe.