Home » Longganisa-Stuffed Spanish Bread
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes about 15 to 20 pieces
Preparation and cooking time: 3 hours
1 cup salted butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup fresh milk, warm
1¼ tablespoons instant yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 pieces eggs
¼ cup butter
1. In a bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Set aside.
2. Cook the skinless longganisa in a nonstick pan. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk and allow to activate. Add sugar and flour until well combined. Mix in eggs, butter, and salt.
2. Using an electric mixer, knead at low speed for 4 minutes. Knead at medium speed for 5 minutes until dough comes off from the bottom and sides of the bowl.
3. Place on a floured surface and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. Remove plastic. Make a long rope with the dough. Cover with the plastic wrap and rest for another 30 minutes.
5. Cut the dough into round portions. Flatten into an oval with a rolling pin.
6. Spread creamed butter on top and place skinless longganisa and roll. You may use egg wash to seal the edges. Cover with a towel and rest in a warm place for 25 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven at 190˚C. Bake the breads for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.