PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
2 pieces medium kamote, cubed
2 pieces medium potato, cubed
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup white onion, minced
1/4 cup all purpose flour
4 cups milk
1/4 cup cream cheese, optional
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream, optional
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil kamote and potato in enough water until soft. Set aside.
2. Heat butter in a pan. Saute onion until translucent and fragrant.
3. Add the flour and mix. Let it brown a little.
4. Pour the milk gradually, stirring to avoid clumps. Bring to a boil.
5. Add the cream cheese and the grated cheese.
6. Add the potato and kamote. Mix well until melted then reduce heat to simmer for about 5 minutes.
7. Mix in the sour cream, salt, and pepper.
8. Serve hot.