Makes 9 servings
Preparation and cooking time:
1 1/3 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup butter
2 pieces eggs, beaten for egg wash
1/4 cup milk for egg wash
2 cups shredded cooked lechon
1/4 cup pork liver sauce
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
1 cup shredded cabbage
- In a stand mixer, mix together the milk, yeast, and sugar and on low speed until well combined. Slowly add the flour in small additions at a time until all is well incorporated. Add the salt and mix until well combined. Add the butter and increase speed to medium, kneading for 20 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased container and cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Portion the dough and form the buns.
- Place the buns in a greased baking pan. Spray with oil, cover tightly with plastic wrap and proof for 2 hours.
- Mix together the beaten eggs and milk for egg wash and brush over the buns.
- Wrap the buns in foil and bake for 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 175 degrees C.
- Remove the foil and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Mix the lechon meat with the Mang Tomas in a bowl and mix, making sure all of the lechon is lightly covered in the sauce. Set aside.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and sriracha in a bowl. Add the Cabbage and mix until everything is well coated.
- Slice the buns and reheat.
- Heat up lechon skins to make them crisp again.
- Place the shredded lechon meat on top of the bottom bun and drizzle with more pork liver sauce.
- Top with a spoonful of the Coleslaw, crispy lechon skin and then the top bun.