Home » Lechon Ramen
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 2-3 servings
Preparation and Cooking Time: 2 hours
¾ kilo pork bones (shanks, tail)
8 cups water
3 pieces bay leaves
½ tablespoon peppercorn
2 pieces leeks, sliced
1 piece ginger, 1 inch, smashed
3 tablespoons Atsuete oil
⅓ cup red onions, sliced
½ cup garlic cloves, smashed
3 tablespoons ginger, cut and smashed into ½ inch pieces, divided
¾ kilo Lechon, chopped, with feet and tail pieces
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons black pepper, cracked
2 pieces bay leaf
½ cup leeks, sliced
1 piece lemongrass, smashed
⅓ cup soy sauce
2 packs ramen noodles, fresh
1. Season pork bones with salt. Place in a pot with boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. Skim off scum.
2. Add the bay leaves, peppercorn, leeks, and ginger. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 hour.
3. Strain and set pork broth aside.
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, quickly sauté onions, garlic, and 1 tablespoon ginger in atsuete oil until fragrant. Season with salt. Add chopped lechon and mix thoroughly.
2. Add pork and chicken broths, black pepper, bay leaf, 2 tablespoons ginger, leeks, and lemongrass. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for about 1 hour. Occasionally add more water or pork broth to keep lechon submerged. Add soy sauce and adjust seasoning if needed.
3. Using a strainer, cook noodles in the pot and remove from heat once they separate and soften.
4. In a bowl, add noodles and soup. Top with more lechon meat, lechon skin, soft boiled eggs, and sliced leeks as preferred. Serve hot and enjoy!