Makes 2 to 3 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ medium sized red onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon bagoong
6 cups water
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons sugar
1 piece pork broth cube
1/4 kilo pork, sliced
1/8 kilo pork liver, cut into strips
3 cups store bought fresh ramen or egg noodles
Cooking oil for sauteeing
2 pieces eggs, soft boiled and sliced
1/4 cup chicharon, chopped
2 tablespoons spring onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped and toasted
Cooking oil for deep frying
Atsuete oil, optional
1.Saute garlic, onions, and shrimp paste.
2. Add water and bring to a boil. Mix in ground black pepper and sugar. Dissolve pork cube in broth.
3. Season sliced pork with salt, then cook in broth until tender. Set aside.
4. Add pork liver strips and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
5. Cook noodles in broth for 1 to 2 minutes using a strainer basket. Drain in cold water.
1. To make lechon kawali, deep fry boiled sliced pork until crispy. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, place noodles and broth. Top with lechon kawali, boiled pork liver strips, soft boiled egg, chicharon, spring onions and toasted garlic. Drizzle with atsuete oil (optional).