Home » Leche Flan Cheesecake
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 1 cake
Preparation and cooking time: 1 1/2 hours
1 pack graham crackers, crushed (250 g)
1 cup butter, melted
½ cup sugar
⅔ cup water
1 box cream cheese (220 g)
10 pieces egg yolks
2 cups fresh milk
1 cup condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine butter and graham until well combined by hand or by a food processor. Do the polvoron test*. Set aside.
1. Combine sugar and water in a pan and stir until sugar dissolves and reduces to a thick amber syrup. Pour syrup into cake pan making sure the entire bottom is covered. Set aside and allow to harden.
1. In a bowl, cream the cream cheese until soft and add egg yolks, whisking until smooth. Add the condensed milk, fresh milk, and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
2. Strain leche flan mix into the cake pan with caramel until ¾ full and cover with foil. Place cake pan in a larger cake pan and fill with hot water. Bake in a preheated oven at 175˚C for 1 hour. Chill until firm.
3. Top the chilled leche flan cheesecake with the crumb base, gently packing it on top. Place back in the oven and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Refrigerate after baking.
*Polvoron Test is checking the consistency of a crumb base by pressing a mixture on one’s palm. If it holds, the base is ready for baking or chilling.