Makes 6 – 12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
4 cups jackfruit, sliced
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
½ tablespoon salt
½ cup red onion
1½ cup garlic cloves
2 pieces carrots
3 pieces siling labuyo
1 piece bell pepper
10 pieces bay leaf
1 cup canola oil
½ cup olive oil
1. Slice onions and garlic thinly.
2. Slice carrots into flowers.
3. Slice bell peppers into strips.
4. In a large pot, layer the langka at the bottom, then add the cracked black pepper, onion, garlic, carrots, siling labuyo, bell pepper, and bay leaves.
5. Add enough water that is level with the langka slices.
6. Add salt, and both oils.
7. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium and simmer covered for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Liked this meatless and healthy take on your favorite morning staple? Also try our Mushroom Burger recipe!