Makes 3 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
3 pieces chicken breast fillets
Salt and pepper to taste
9 pieces calamansi, juiced
1 cup laing
½ block cream cheese
6 pieces peeled shrimp
1 cup flour, seasoned
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Ranch dressing for serving
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and calamansi juice.
- Sandwich chicken in two plastic films and pound using a mallet to tenderize and flatten.
- Remove upper plastic. Add about 2 tablespoons of laing, 2 strips of cream cheese, and 2 pieces of shrimp per chicken fillet. Roll tightly with the help of the lower plastic film and twist edges to secure like candy. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Dredge chicken rolls in flour, dip in beaten egg, and roll in breadcrumbs. Repeat to double coat.
- Deep fry in hot oil in a deep pot for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice and serve with ranch dressing.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Leave a Reply