PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 8 servings
Preparation and Cooking time: 30 minutes
8 cups water
1 cup salt
4 tablespoons coconut oil
¾ cup red onion, sliced
¼ cup garlic, minced
¼ cup ginger, chopped
1 tablespoon bagoong alamang
2 tablespoons siling labuyo, minced
1 kilo kuhol, washed
¼ cup patis
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
3 cups coconut cream
2 cups sigarilyas, chopped
1. Wash kuhol thoroughly and place in water with salt to release slime. Rinse.
2. In a large pot, sauté onions, garlic, and ginger in coconut oil until aromatic. Add bagoong alamang and siling labuyo then sauté for a few more minutes.
3. Add kuhol, patis, and ground black pepper then stir.
4. Add coconut cream and bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in sigarilyas. Bring to a boil, simmer for a few minutes and serve.