Makes 1 bowl
Preparation and cooking time: 40 minutes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 piece onion, thinly sliced
1 piece green bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 teaspoons ground cumin
3 teaspoons sweet paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
1 can whole peeled tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
Crumbled kesong puti, for topping
3 large eggs
Chopped cilantro, for topping
Toasted pandesal, for serving
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees C.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until very soft (about 20 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook until tender.
- Stir in cumin, paprika, and cayenne.
- Add tomatoes next and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until tomatoes have thickened (about 10 minutes). Transfer to an oven-proof skillet.
- Top with crumbled kesong puti and eggs.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake until eggs are just set and cheese is melted (7 to 10 minutes).
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with toasted pandesal.