Makes 2 jars
Preparation and cooking time: 2 hours
1.5 to 2 kilos katmon fruit
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup honey
1/2 cup water
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Slice katmon to reveal the fruit center.
2. Place katmon in a pot with water and let simmer until katmon fruit is tender.
3. Add the sugar and the salt and continue to simmer until sugar has dissolved, mash fruit.
4. Make sure that bottles are sterilized by pouring hot water on bottles and letting it air dry before using it.
5. Once jam is done, pour it in bottles, seal tightly, and store in chiller.
Katmon is a fruit only available in the Philippines (of the same family as Elephant Apple in India) that has a similar flavor and texture as kamias. It grows in low to medium-altitude forests, commonly in Babuyan Islands, Luzon, Polillo, Mindoro, Masbate, Leyte, Negros, Guimaras, Cebu, and Basilan.