PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 4- 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
3 tablespoons oil
1 kilo beef shank / bulalo cut
3 tablespoons garlic, minced
½ cup red onions, small dice
1 tablespoon ginger, sliced
½ cup tomatoes, medium dice
8 cups pork broth
3 pieces lemongrass stalk bulb, smashed
5 – 7 pieces batwan fruit
1 piece siling haba
1 cup jackfruit, unripe, sliced
½ tablespoon annato powder
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Season beef shanks with salt and pepper.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, sear the shanks in oil until browned on all sides. Remove from pan.
3. In the same pot, saute onion, garlic, ginger, and tomatoes for a few minutes. Return beef shanks to the pot.
4. Pour in pork broth, add lemongrass, batwan, and siling haba. Bring to a boil and simmer until beef is tender. Add more water if needed.
5. Add jack fruit and annato powder. Simmer for a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.