Home » Kamote Kaldereta Pie
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 1 8-inch serving dish
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
2 large kamote, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for sauteeing
1/2 piece carrot, diced
1/2 piece red bell pepper, diced
1/2 piece green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 piece onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 kilo ground beef
1 1/2 cups beef stock, divided
1 tablespoon liver spread
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 piece siling labuyo, chopped
1. Boil the kamote in about 3 cups water until soft.
2. Place in a bowl with butter and mash. Mix in milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
1. Heat oil in a pot. Add the carrots and saute for a minute.
2. Add the bell peppers and peas and saute until vegetables are cooked. Remove the vegetables from the pan.
3. Using the same pan, saute onion and garlic until fragrant.
4. Add the ground beef and saute until brown.
5. Lower the heat and add 1 cup stock. Bring to a boil.
6. Dissolve the tomato paste in 1/2 cup stock and pour into the pot. Add the liver spread. Mix until reduced and saucy. Season with salt and pepper.
1. In a heat proof baking dish, add the ground beef as the first layer.
2. Place the sauteed vegetables on top of the beef and then top with the mashed kamote. Spread evenly.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C or until top is golden, for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.