PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 3 to 4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 4 hours
4 tablespoons garlic, minced
¼ cup red onion, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
2 pieces lemongrass, smashed and sliced
5 tablespoons calamansi juice
3 tablespoons coconut vinegar (Sinamak)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
4 pieces chicken thigh fillet, skin on
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
3 tablespoons annatto oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups rice, cooked
2 pieces eggs, scrambled
1. Mix together garlic, red onion, ginger, lemongrass, calamansi juice, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well combined. Add chicken and marinate for at least 3 hours.
2. In a pot over medium heat, combine chicken stock and marinade with chicken and bring to a boil, simmer for about 20 – 30 minutes. Remove chicken and continue reducing the sauce into a thick consistency. Strain sauce
3. Drain chicken and pat dry. Shred into flakes. Toss in sauce to coat.
4. In a large pot, combine annatto oil and butter. Fry the shredded chicken until crispy. Set aside some inasal for topping.
5. Add rice and toss until everything is well incorporated. Serve hot with a side of scrambled eggs