Makes 6 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 45 minutes
⅓ cup sugar
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
⅓ cup milk
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
6 pieces cocktail hotdogs
2 cups potatoes, grated and chilled
Oil, for frying
1. In a bowl, mix together egg, sugar, margarine, and milk until well combined.
2. Add flour, baking powder and salt then stir. Mix in yellow food coloring, stir into a thick batter and transfer to a tall glass.
1. Skewer hot dogs onto sticks and pat dry. Dip in the batter and roll into grated potatoes.
2. Deep fry in oil at medium heat for a few minutes, until golden brown.
3. Serve hot and crispy with ketchup or mustard!