Makes 5 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
500 grams pork loin
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
3 pieces chorizo de bilbao, sliced
1/3 cup diced red and green bell peppers
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
5 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1 piece green apple, diced
3 packs (230 grams) Hunt’s Pork and Beans BBQ flavor
½ teaspoon ginger, grated
¼ cup bacon, chopped into small squares
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 tablespoons cold water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Season pork with salt and pepper for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat an oiled pan to high heat and sear all sides of the Pork until golden brown, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat olive oil and add onion and garlic and saute until onion turns translucent. Add chorizo slices, bell peppers, honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, chicken stock, apple cider, put pork back into pot and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Add black pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Remove pork and add the green apple, Hunt’s Pork and Beans BBQ flavor, and ginger. Remove lid and allow sauce to reduce.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water and pour in pan.
- Turn on oven and pre heat at 200 degrees C. Put pork loin in baking pan, baste with sauce, and bake for 5 to 8 minutes at 250 degrees C.
- Put bacon on a pan over low heat and let the fat render until crispy.
- Spoon the bean mixture onto a platter and top with sliced Pork loin. Sprinkle with crispy bacon bits.