2 pieces lapu-lapu fish fillet
½ cup water
¼ cup oyster sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 ginger slices
1 teaspoon ginger juice
2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons spring onion, chopped
¼ cup canola oil
6 cloves of garlic, thinly-sliced
- Steam lapu-lapu fillet with ginger slices for 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix together water, oyster sauce, sugar and light soy sauce. Transfer to a saucepan and let simmer. Add rice wine and bring to a boil.
- After 3-5 minutes, turn off heat. Add sesame oil and ginger juice.
- Top the steamed fish with the sauce.
- Sprinkle cilantro and spring onions on top.
- Fry garlic in canola oil until golden brown. Make sure the oil is very hot.
- Add the garlic oil to the fish and serve immediately.