Makes 2-3 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 50 minutes
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup evaporated milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 egg whites
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons butter for frying
2 tablespoons water for steaming
2 teaspoons powdered sugar
1 salted egg, sliced
1/4 cup Christmas ham, cooked and diced
3 tablespoons quezo de bola, finely grated
1/8 cup maple syrup
1. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Pour in milk and continue whisking.
2. Sift all-purpose flour into the bowl. Add baking powder and mix together into a smooth batter. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Gradually add white sugar until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold in egg whites into pancake batter.
5. In a non-stick pan over low heat, melt butter and place greased molds. Pour in pancake batter into the mold upto ¾ full.
6. Put water in pan and cover to steam pancakes for about 20-25 minutes or until pancake is firm. Carefully turnover pancake molds and continue cooking the other side of the pancake for about 5-10 minutes.
7. Serve pancakes hot and top with powdered sugar, salted eggs, Christmas ham, grated quezo de bola, and maple syrup for a fulfilling holiday breakfast!