Makes: 2- 3 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour
½cup dry mung beans, soaked overnight
3 cups water or more as needed
2 tablespoons cooking oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 small onion, chopped finely
1 small diced tomato
200 grams pork belly, cut into small piece
1 piece 200ml Coco Mama Fresh Gata
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons seasoning granules
1 small bunch malunggay leaves
1. Boil mung beans in water for 20 minutes or until soft and cooked. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pot. Cook garlic, onion and tomato until soft and aromatic. Add pork belly pieces and cook until golden brown in color. Add cooked mung beans.
3. Pour Coco Mama Fresh Gata. Simmer slowly over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Season with fish sauce and seasoning granules. Add malunggay leaves and quickly stir.
5. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve hot. Best serve with hot steamed rice.