PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 2-4 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 12 hours (including overnight freezing time)
1 cup saba, sliced
¾ cup kamote, chopped
½ cup langka (sweetened in bottle)
1/4 cup ube jam
1½ cups glutinous rice flour
2 cups coconut cream
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup panucha/panutsa
¾ cup coconut cream
Toasted shredded coconut, as desired
1. In a pan over medium heat, place coconut cream, coconut milk, and bring to a light simmer. Add saba slices and boil until extremely tender. Remove saba out and set aside. Repeat for kamote and langka.
2. Add ube jam and mix until evenly combined.
3. Allow the coconut cream mixture to cool and place into ice trays. Freeze until set.
4. In a pan, caramelize panucha (also known as panutsa) chunks. Pour in coconut cream and stir until fully melted and well combined. Cook until slightly thick and syrupy. Set aside latik sauce.
4. In a bowl, mix glutinous rice flour with enough water to make smooth dough. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the dough balls. Cook for 1-2 minutes and remove then cool.
5. Shave / Crush the flavoured Ice with regular ice cubes and place in serving glass.
6. Top with bilo-bilo, saba, kamote, and langka chunks. Drizzle with latik sauce and sprinkle toasted shredded coconut on top.