Home » Gata Goto
PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
½ kilo beef tripe, cleaned and chopped into small pieces
4 cups water
2 cups glutinous rice, soaked in 4 cups water
3 tablespoons cooking oil
½ cup red onions, minced
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1 piece siling labuyo, deseeded and minced
¼ cup kinchay
1 tablespoon salt
3 teaspoons ground black pepper
5 cups coconut cream
3 tablespoons patis
1/3 cup calamansi juice
Spring onions, chopped
Hard boiled egg
1. In a pressure cooker, boil beef with 4 cups water. After 30 minutes, open the pressure cooker and discard the water.
2. Add 4 cups water used to soak the glutinous rice onto the pressure cooker with tripe. Boil again for another 20 minutes. Drain the rice water but do not discard. Set aside the tripe as well.
3. In the same cooker, heat oil and saute onion, garlic, ginger, and siling labuyo until fragrant.
4. Pour in the set aside rice water, kinchay, salt, and pepper. Stir in tripe. Cover the pressure cooker and boil once more for about 20 minutes.
5. Open the pressure cooker and stir in glutinous rice, coconut cream, patis, and calamansi juice.
6. Simmer until reduced and cooked. Top with green onions, crispy garlic, chicharon, hard boiled egg, and more kinchay.