PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 8 – 12 servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30-50 minutes
½ kilo small shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
4 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup garlic, sliced into thin disks
2 pieces siling haba, sliced diagonally
1/2 teaspoon thyme
⅛ cup vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
¼ cup crushed tomatoes
1 squeeze of lemon juice
2 cups rice, cooked
Garlic slices, fried
Spring onion, finely chopped
6 quail eggs, fried sunny side up
1. Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and half of paprika. Mix well.
2. In a pan over medium-low heat, fry the garlic slices slowly until slightly browned. Add sliced chilies and sauté for a few more minutes.
3. Add shrimp and quickly saute until colored. Remove shrimp.
4. Add remaining paprika, thyme, and vinegar. Do not mix for a few minutes. Add sugar, tomato paste, and crushed tomatoes. Cook until reduced. Return shrimp and toss to coat, squeeze in lemon juice. Set aside some gambas for topping.
5. Add rice and toss until everything is well combined. Mix/top with more fried garlic, spring onions, and fried quail eggs.
Liked this fried rice and Gambas combo? Why not try our Gising Gising Fried Rice recipe too?