PRINT THIS RECIPE
Makes: 2 Servings
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
Fillets of 2 whole pcs of galunggong
salt and pepper to taste
2 potatoes, peeled and sliced into rondelles/ discs
oil for frying
For the Sauce:
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
¼ cup red onions, minced
3 whole tomatoes sliced in wedges
2 whole eggs, scrambled and seasoned with salt and pepper
1 cup water
1 tsp fish sauce
Optional: Garnish with chopped spring onions
1. Place the wok on medium heat, pour the oil and heat to 180 degrees C. Gently place seasoned fish fillets in the wok and fry each side for about 5 minutes. Make sure you don’t turn the fish too quickly so skin/ meat does not break.
2. Once fried to a golden brown, take out fish fillets from wok and set aside. Drop the potatoes and fry until golden brown. Take out, drain excess oil and set aside.
Scoop out some of the oil from the pan to lessen before adding garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Sauté for about 5 – 8 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and tender and can be mashed.
3. Add water and patis and let simmer for about 5 minutes before adding the fried fish and potatoes in and the scrambled eggs.
4. Let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the egg is cooked in with the clear sauce/ soup.
* Optional to garnish with chopped spring onions.